Difference between BE and B Tech : Hello friends, welcome to you in this new article of mine today, today we are going to talk about what is the difference between BE and BTech and what are the reasons that separate BE from BTech. Friends, there are many such students who do not know which course will be right for them, they get confused between BE and BTech. So in today’s article, we have brought a solution to your same problem, today we will tell you the difference between BE and BTech and explain which course will be right for you.
Difference between BE and B Tech : Engineering is one of the most popular course after class 12th which we know as Bachelor of Engineering (BE) or Bachelor of Technology (BTech). Let us tell you that BE is a knowledge based course and BTech is a skills based course. Now a very common question arises here which is in the mind of every engineer, that “What is the difference between BE and B Tech?” So today we are going to answer this question, so let’s start –
Which to choose between BE and BTech? Difference Between BE and BTech
Let us tell you that the duration of both these courses is the same, that is, it will take you 4 years to do both the courses and there are 8 semesters in both the courses. And both the courses are recognized. Both BE and BTech have equal demand abroad and both have their own advantages. If you like to study then you can choose BE and if you have good knowledge of technology then you can choose BTech.
Difference between BE and BTech
Now let us talk about the difference between BE and BTech, so BE means Bachelor of Engineering and BTech means Bachelor of Technology. The main difference is that BE is a knowledge based course and BTech is a skill based course. And internship is mandatory for BTech students while it is not mandatory for BE students. If you want more information about Difference of BE and BTech in Hindi, then you can see the table below.
- Emphasis on theoretical concepts and principles of engineering.
- many like electrical, mechanical, civil, chemical and computer engineering
Comprehensive curriculum covering engineering areas.
- offered by universities for engineering programs
- Job opportunities are available in various fields of engineering.
- BE is a knowledge based course.
- Available in most schools and colleges.
- Emphasis on practical applications and technology-focused research.
- such as computer science, electronics, telecommunication and information technology
Narrow focus and specialization in a specific area of engineering.
- technical institutes for engineering and technology programs and
New degrees to be awarded by universities.
- Job opportunities available in specialized fields of engineering and technology
- BTech is a skill based course.
- It is mostly available in technology and IT institutes.
Top courses for BE Available in most schools and colleges.
The top courses for BE and BTech are mentioned below: –
|BE Top Courses
|B Tech Top Courses
|Computer Science Engineering
|Computer Science and Engineering
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering
|Electronics and Communication Engineering
Top Colleges for BE and B Tech in India
Following is the list of top colleges in India for BE and BTech:-
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani
- Delhi Technological University (DTU), Delhi
- National Institute of Technology (NIT), Tiruchirappalli
- Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT), Vellore
- College of Engineering, Pune (COEP), Pune
Top Universities for BE and BTech Abroad
Following is the list of top universities abroad for BE and BTech:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), USA
- Stanford University, USA
- California Institute of Technology (Caltech), USA
- University of Cambridge, UK
- National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore
- University of Oxford, UK
- ETH Zurich – Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Switzerland
- Tsinghua University, China
- University of Tokyo, Japan
- Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
Eligibility for BE and BTech
So friends, now let’s talk about what qualification you should have if you want to do BE or BTech. So let me tell you that many students know this thing but there are some students who do not know what they have to do to do engineering and what they should study in school. So you have been told step-by-step about it below –
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 or its equivalent educational qualification.
- Candidates should have qualified 10+2 with PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics).
In some institutes, the candidates are selected on the basis of 12th marks, while in some institutes entrance test is conducted and in some other institutes both are assessed.
- Candidates age should be between 17 to 25 years. However, the age limit is relaxed in some institutes.
- It is necessary for the candidates to pass the national or state level entrance examinations.
Application Process for BE and BTech
The application process for admission to BE and BTech is as follows:-
- Fill the Application Form: Applicant has to fill the application form with their qualification & exam details like 10th & 12th marks, date of birth etc.
- Give Entrance Test: Many institutes conduct entrance test in which some institute conduct local level exam while some institute conduct national level exam.
- Counselling: Successful candidates get a chance to choose the institute as per their choice during counselling.
- Final Decision: After the counselling, the institute issues the admission certificate to the candidate deciding the status of the right of admission.
- Start Study: Most of the institutes start the academic session in the month of August or September.
Job opportunities after BE and B Tech
If you have done anything from BE or BTech then the first option for you is campus placement and after that you have many job opportunities. Given below are some of the opportunities that you can follow –
- software engineer
- academic researcher
- R&D Applications Engineer
- Computer programmer
- quality engineer
- operations analyst
- plant engineer
- Quality control technician
- project engineer
- Operations Manager
- Facilities engineer
- Engineering support specialist
- sound engineer
- process engineer
- industrial manager
- Management engineer
- manufacturing engineer
- BE and B Tech Job Profiles and Salary
BE and B Tech Job Profiles and Salary
Below are the job profiles and salary for BE and BTech:-
|Average Salary (per annum)
|Internet of Things Engineer
|LED Lighting Engineer
|Computer Hardware Engineer
So friends, in today’s article, we have tried to tell you the difference between BE and B Tech, in this article, whom should you choose between BE and BTech? And the difference between BE and BTech and the top courses of BE and BTech and many more things have been told. Hope you have liked this article of ours, if you liked this article, then share it with your friends and colleagues. Thank you.
Q. What is the difference between BE and B Tech?
Ans. BE is a knowledge based course. BTech is a skill based course.
Q. Which degree is better BBA or BTech?
Ans. It depends on the particular subject. Choose one of the two based on personal and career goals.
Q. How long is BE course?
Ans. The duration of BE course is usually 4 years, but some universities also have 5 years course.
Q. Can I do B Tech after BBA?
Ans. Yes you can do BTech after BBA. But some special qualifications may be necessary for this.
Q. Which engineers are unemployed in India?
Ans. Some engineers in India are unemployed, which is due to less job availability in particular branches or sectors.